As of January 1, 2021, the Immunization Regulation will require health practitioners to ensure a report respecting all immunizations and assessments are electronically submitted to Alberta Health within 7 days.
The free vendor independent web application that will allow for reporting is called the Immunization Direct Submission Mechanism (IDSM). The IDSM will facilitate the electronic submission of immunization and assessment event information into the Alberta Provincial Repository (Imm/ARI) for health practitioners that do not have an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system capable of integrating with Imm/ARI.
How do I sign up for the IDSM?
- User Registration Form for the IDSM - Complete a User Registration form to gain access.
What other requirements do I need to meet in order to be eligible to provide immunization services to Albertans?
This web application allows enrolled users to maintain facility, inventory, and lot number data.
Vaccine Management Set-Up and Maintenance Administration Guides
System Administration Guides
System Administration Guides (Quick Reference Guides)
- Add a Facility
- Edit or Inactivate a Facility
- Add a Facility User
- Edit or Inactivate a Facility User
- Approving Orders
- Forgotten Password
- Dis-Allow Facility Vaccine Returns
- AVI Search / Add Inventory
- Reactivating Inactivated Lot Numbers
- AVI Order Multiple Lots
- AVI Reprint Packing Slip
- AVI Assigning Order Sets
- AVI Creating and Modifying Order Sets
- AVI User Report
- Product Problem Reconciliation
- Wastage Correction Reconciliation
Known Issues and Best Practices Documents
User Guides and Training
Training Guides / Videos / Presentations
- Logging in to AVI
- Creating and Receiving Vaccine Orders
- Reconciling Inventory
- Pharmacy AVI Presentation
- Pharmacy Presentation PDF
- Pharmacy Q&A
- Physician Presentation
- Physician Presentation-PDF
- Vaccine Ordering and Management Training
* Downloading videos using Internet Explorer may take several minutes. Google Chrome is recommended for viewing training videos.
Quick Reference Guides
For information on the Alberta Immunization Schedule please visit:
For information on the Alberta Immunization Policy, including Cold Chain Management and Adverse Event Following Immunization, please visit:
For information on general immunization in Alberta please visit the Immunize Alberta homepage:
AHS Immunization Program Standards Manual:
For more information on the IIS visit the Scientific Technologies Corporation homepage: